Montessori’s essential priorities involve creating an environment which enhances the adolescent’s ability to:
- Find one’s place in society
- Understand the connection between finding one’s place in society and the nobility of all types of work
- Experience and learn the lessons of living in community
- Believe in the dignity of humans and that the world is a place of hope and progression of the human spirit
"To fulfill this vision, our school seeks the highest and most complete academic environment for each student and to form a human community that nurtures an atmosphere of caring and sets a thoughtful social climate. We strive to be a community of adults and teenagers who respect each other’s deepest personal and human qualities."
Through the Montessori Philosophy, we have come to have several goals:
- Learning — We ask and expect commitment to learning in the broadest sense of the word.
- Community — We ask and expect commitment to the fostering and nurturing of relationships that builds community.
- Hard Work — We ask and expect commitment to the effort and willingness to meet difficult challenges, both personal and academic.
- Respect — We ask and expect commitment to manners that show our respect and caring for others.
- Peace — We ask and expect commitment to building a community that values the complex global and personal aspects of peace.