Montessori’s essential priorities involve creating an environment which enhances the adolescent’s ability to:
- Find one’s place in society
- Understand the connection between finding one’s place in society and the nobility of all types of work
- Experience and learn the lessons of living in community
- Believe in the dignity of humans and that the world is a place of hope and progression of the human spirit
To fulfill this vision, our school seeks the highest and most complete academic environment for each student and to form a human community that nurtures an atmosphere of caring and sets a thoughtful social climate. We strive to be a community of adults and teenagers who respect each other’s deepest personal and human qualities.
Through the Montessori Philosophy, we have come to have several goals:
- Learning — We ask and expect commitment to learning in the broadest sense of the word.
- Community — We ask and expect commitment to the fostering and nurturing of relationships that builds community.
- Hard Work — We ask and expect commitment to the effort and willingness to meet difficult challenges, both personal and academic.
- Respect — We ask and expect commitment to manners that show our respect and caring for others.
- Peace — We ask and expect commitment to building a community that values the complex global and personal aspects of peace.
This We Believe
Clark Montessori teachers are the co-creators of a world that will become more compassionate and that will hold a greater likelihood of sustaining itself if they adhere to the basic belief that “Everybody does better when everybody does better.” They make every attempt to pass this idea to parents and students. It is much to hold, and it depends first and foremost on the integrity of the adults in the school to model the same actions expected of the students and parents.
Ultimately, as a community of learners, Clark Montessori is a place in which all members feel safe and valued, and through challenging, fun, exciting opportunities, can develop the skills so that every adolescent will find his or her place in society. Clark Montessori is a beacon for students, guiding them through this work in the passage to adulthood, as it shines a light on the dignity of every person, the progression of the human spirit, and on this world as a place of rising hope.