Cincinnati Public Schools believes that students' participation in school-sponsored athletic activities improves academic achievement and should be part of a well-rounded education. CPS offers a variety of athletic activities for grades 7 - 12.
Advantages of athletic participation
Supports schools' academic mission, teaching students self-discipline, self-confidence and the skills to handle competitive situations.
- Increases academic performance and reduces dropout rates.
- Promotes the values of a positive lifestyle and good citizenship, and helps reduce the effects of negative peer pressure.
- Reinforces students' positive image of self and school, and minimizes disciplinary problems.
College Athletic Eligibility
Student athletes who want to practice and play sports their freshman year in a National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I or Division II College must satisfy the initial requirements of the NCAA. The NCAA adopted new standards for core courses and academic eligibility. For further details about the conditions for initial eligibility, refer to one of the following web sites:
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS)
- Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA)
Additional Cougar Information and Resources
Contact Clark Athletics
|Athletic Director||Jeff Wiles||363-7080||Email Jeff|
|Assistant Athletic Director||David Deamer||363-7149||Email David|
|Athletic Trainer||Lauren Tauber||363-7147||Email Lauren|
|Strength and Conditioning Trainer||Steve Pence||363-7080||Email Steve|