Events this week
Ticket sales for Prom – all week, during high school lunches
Music Boosters mtg. –Tues. Apr. 11, 7:00 pm, Clark "Cafe"
ILT mtg. – Wed. Apr. 12, 3:45 pm, Rm. 1007
Montessori Band Night – Wed. Apr. 12, 7:00 pm, Clark gym
Save the date
Jr./Sr. Prom – Sat. Apr. 29, 8:00–11:00 pm @ The Redmoor. Tickets: $60; sold during high school lunches
"I Am Hope" Challenge for "Donate Life" Month
Life Center will be at Clark on April 12 during 1st and 2nd lunch to promote organ donation to our high school students. Students who are not of driving age or are unsure they would like to sign up will be given sunglasses, pens/pencils, and an opportunity to sign our banner.
Clark is participating in a chess tournament vs. Hughes High School on Wed. May 17th at 4:30. Please email Mr. David to sign up. Cost is free. All levels of chess players are invited.
LSDMC Parent Reps needed
Our Local School Decision Making Committee (LSDMC) is looking for parents to serve as committee members. Meetings are held once a month. Please email Monika Hines if you are interested.
Staff Appreciation Luncheon
The Clark Montessori Foundation is looking for a parent to serve as a co-chair for the Staff Appreciation Luncheon in May. A veteran Clark parent has agreed to co-chair with a newer parent to help ease the transition; so if you are interested in working together on this fun, uplifting event, please email clarkmontessorifoundation@
Health Expo – Sat. Apr. 29, Washington Park
The Center for Closing the Health Gap is holding its 14th Annual Health Expo. For more information, call 513-585-9879.
Please consider ordering items via Smile.Amazon.com. All orders placed simultaneously support Clark students and teachers.
Student Community Service Opportunities
NAM Food Truck Competition – Apr. 15, 4-7 pm
North Avondale Montessoriand (NAM) needs student volunteers to help with set-up and clean-up for this event. Students can get 3-4 services hours. Visit the NAM Food Truck online signup or contact Kami Hill @ NAM, 363-3900, for more information.
American Red Cross Smoke Alarm Megablitz – Sat. Apr. 29
The American Red Cross is saving lives by installing smoke alarms in the homes of those who need them. They are having a "Smoke Alarm MegaBlitz" event to help meet their goal of installing 1200 smoke alarms in a single day, and volunteers age 13-17 (as well as adults) are needed to be part of this effort. Youth ages 16 and 17 may serve with adults on 3-person in-home installation teams. Youth ages 13 – 15 may serve in support roles at the program base. For more information and to register, visit the Red Cross Smoke Alarm Megablitz webpage.
Kilgour Carnival – Sat. May 13, 9 am – noon
Volunteers are needed to help run game booths and the Redemption Table. Lunch is provided. If you are interested in volunteering, please email Sara Lippert or call 513-325-8274 for more information.
Paddlefest – Fri. Aug. 4 & Sat. Aug. 5
Paddlefest is a canoeing/kayaking day trip that helps promote and protect the Ohio River and is led by Cincinnati paddling legend Brewster Rhodes. All proceeds from the event benefit the Outdoor Adventure Clubs (OAC) of Cincinnati. Volunteers are needed both Friday evening and Saturday morning. There is a celebration and boat drop off event on Friday from 4-9 pm, and then the Paddle is on Saturday 7 am-12:30 with food and music after. Volunteers would help with booth and table set up and tear down on both days, plus help with loading and unloading rental boats, handing out T-shirts etc. To sign up, email Donna Luggens or call/text her at 513-503-5080.
Games this week
4/10: Varsity Softball @ Seven Hills – 4:30 pm
4/10: Varsity Track @ North College Hill – 4:30 pm
4/10: MS Lacrosse vs Indian Hill @ Sycamore HS – 7:00 pm
4/11: Varsity Baseball vs New Miami @ Withrow – 4:30 pm
4/11: MS Baseball vs Riverview East @ Rakestraw Field – 4:30 pm
4/11: MS Track @ Mt. Healthy – 4:30 pm
4/11: Boys Tennis vs Seven Hills @ Oakley Courts – 5:30 pm
4/12: Varsity Softball @ Cincy Country Day – 4:30 pm
4/13: Varsity Baseball vs CHCA @ Withrow – 4:30 pm
4/13: Varsity Softball vs St. Bernard @ Withrow – 4:30 pm
4/13: JV Lacrosse vs Seven Hills @ Clark – 5:00 pm
4/14: Varsity Baseball @ CHCA – 5:00 pm
4/14: Varsity Softball @ Cincy Christian – 5:00 pm
4/14: Varsity Track @ Norwood – 4:30 pm
4/14: MS Track @ Woodward – 4:30 pm
4/14: JV Lacrosse @ CHCA – 5:30 pm
4/14: MS Lacrosse @ CHCA – 4:30 pm
See our Postsecondary Planning webpages for more info about student employment and college/career events.
Juniors & Families – free ACT at Clark Wed. Apr. 19
AP Exam Schedule
The cost for each AP exam will soon be added to student fees.
US History – Fri. May 5, 8:00 am
Biology, Music Theory – Mon. May 8, 8:00 am
Calculus AB & BC – Tues. May 9, 8:00 am
Parents of Seniors - Fees Owed to Clark
Please be sure to pay all fees before the end of the school year. According to CPS policy, we cannot issue final transcripts for college without full fee payments. Please contact Barb Barnett, 363-7100, to pay final fees.
Summer Opportunities for Students
- Youth Summer Programs/Jobs Fair – Sat. Apr. 22
The fair will be held at the Sharonville Convention Center and will bring together citywide summer programs for youth.
- UC's KING Program for Black, Latino and Asian-American males - June 12-16
- Who: Black, Latino and Asian-American males who are rising high school juniors and seniors
- What: Access to college planning resources and enrichment in ACT prep
- Cost: $50, but scholarships are available.
- Registration: visit the King Program for Black, Latino, and Asian-American Males webpage.
- UC (free) Information Technology day camp
- Who: Students in grades 9 and 10
- What: Eight all-day sessions writing apps for Mac and Apple products
- When: June and July
- Registration and information: email Robin Storch
- UC Architecture Summer CAMP – July 9-15
- Who: Rising 8th & 9th grade students
- Where: the School of Architecture and Interior Design (SAID) at the University of Cincinnati.
- Cost: $75 for the entire week, with scholarships available
- Application deadline: May 1, 2017
- Information and application: UC's DAAP Architecture Camp webpage
- Redcross Leadership Development Camp – July 13–16, Xavier University
- Who: youth ages 13 – 17.
- Cost: $225; some financial aid is available
- Application deadline: May 15, 2017
- Information and application: go to the Red Cross Leadership Development Camp webpage or contact Diana McVey Wood; 513-579-3095
- Details: A speaker is available to provide information for any interested youth or parent group