Dear Clark Families,
The last few days of summer are upon us! Please take time as a family to reflect on your summer, what your children have learned and how they’ve grown. Check in with them about their summer homework and what they are excited about for the upcoming year. Enjoy a few final family rituals (evening walks, favorite meals, going to the park) and then get ready to return to school! Please see here for a great article on preparing for the first day of school.
“Education is a work of self-organization by which humans adapt themselves to the conditions of life.”
This Week’s Events:
Monday, August 13th
- 9/10 Sam Guilford’s Team Meeting 6:30 p.m
- C206 8th gr. students 3:00 p.m/ 7th gr. students 4:00 p.m
Tuesday, August 14th
- 9/10 Stacy Huxell’s Team Meeting 7:00 p.m
- C106 7th students & families 5:30 p.m
Wednesday, August 15th
- 1st day of school, 7:30 a.m.
- Foundation meeting 5:30 p.m.
Save the Date
- August 20 – picture day
- 9th and 10th grade families, you are invited to attend your child’s Back to School Night on either Monday (if you are on Sam Guilford’s team) or Tuesday (if you are on Stacy Huxell’s team). Please bring your classroom school supplies and all completed forms from your summer mailing.
- If your child will be riding the bus, please check the updated route schedules and directions on the Metro web page.
- Students should be at their bus stops at least 10 minutes before the scheduled time to ensure that they make the bus. We recommend using the Bus Detective app for real-time tracking information.
- Food service has a new system for viewing menus online called SchoolCafe. Attached is a step by step guide on how to access the menus. SchoolCafe Menu Directions
- Clark teachers use both PowerSchool and Schoology to communicate with teachers and parents. If you need an updated log in, please contact our front office or call the ITM Help Desk at 513-390-0390, option 1. Please view this video on PowerSchool and Schoology.
- LSDMC is looking for parents to serve as committee members. If interested please submit a brief 2-3 sentence statement of interest to Clark Montessori Foundation.
- AFS is looking for a host family for a foreign exchange student who will be attending Clark. If you are interested in this unique cultural opportunity, see the attached flier or contact Barb McManus via email or call 513-218-6372.
This Week In Sports
- Be part of the fun and join a sports team. Football, Boys/Girls Soccer and Cheerleading still have openings. It's not too late to join! Contact Jeff Wiles, Athletic Director, at 363-7080 for more information.
- Join Clark’s Rowing Club! Queen City Rowing is now more competitive and growing. See flier for more information. Clark Rowing Team
From the Clark Post-Secondary Center
- Information on College Events are posted on our Post-Secondary Page.